Old December 30th 04, 10:25 PM
Alexander Rogge

> besides the obvious, speeding up to the speed the tail-gaiter want you
> to go at, is there anything else you can do to stop their annoying
> behaviour?

Some tailgating idiots want to drive close to other vehicles at any
speed. I might go into a curve faster than they can drive, and they
leave the road. Don't try to be more annoying by obstructing traffic.
If it seems like another driver won't be happy with anything except an
unreasonable speed, pull over and let that driver pass. It's safer than
being hit by somebody that might be drunk or on drugs.

> sometimes i wonder what they would
> happen if I had a beat up car and just decided to slam on my brakes??

You would be rear-ended and pushed off the road or into another lane.
Slamming on your brakes with the intention of causing a collision is
illegal, and would create a hazard for other drivers.