Old September 13th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Default magic hats attract motor vehicles

Brent P wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/5334208.stm
>

> Wearing helmets 'more dangerous'
>
> Cyclists who wear protective helmets are more likely to be knocked down
> by passing vehicles, new research from Bath University suggests.
>
> The study found drivers tend to pass closer when overtaking cyclists
> wearing helmets than those who are bare-headed.

I've always wondered if it was feasible to tie a long wooden broom
handle to a bike such that it extends 18 inches or more to the left.

Traffic here was more aggressive than usual today. Someone actually
used their horn while they were following me. As a result, I just took
the lane and stayed there (all while going uphill at 12 mph).

> While wearing the wig, drivers gave him an average of 14cm more space
> when passing.

I just hope we don't end up with wig laws