Old June 3rd 05, 01:32 AM
Malc

"Jiyang Chen" > wrote in message
> I'm watching the replays the cars seem to be drifting during turns. Are
> there any instructions on this 4 wheel drift?

"Practice, practice, practice" ;-)

I used to be a gpl instructor (briefly), and trying to explain what to do to
someone else helps you understand it more fully yourself, but I could never
get my head round explaining how to drift the car. I can do it, I just can't
explain how. It's just how the car behaves when approaching the limit of
grip, and it's fairly pronounced in gpl thanks to the way it models grip.

Best advice I can suggest is that you throw the car into the corner & learn
to catch it before you run out of road. The effect is the same but obviously
drifting is much more subtle. Ideally once you've caught the slide you
should have the car pointing at the exit & just feed in the gas, but no one
gets it right every time. You just have to learn to let the car do the work
& keep the nose pointing in the direction you want the car to go.

Malc.