Old November 20th 04, 04:45 AM
Vw67lives

Sounds like a beautiful car you've got there and a real treasure knowing it's
history from day one.
I think you should get another 28 pic carb,preferably rebuilt,install it on the
car and see if it solves the problem. You could then save the old carb as a
spare or rebuild it again.
I agree with your wondering about the tone of your reply. Unfortunately this
group has diverged from it's original purpose or intent---to share knowledge of
air cooled VWs and help out other hobbyists with your knowledge. Seems to be
too much insider gossip and backbiting going on. Been involved here for over 6
yearsand it disturbs me too. Just my opinion-Fred67bug