Old October 21st 04, 02:38 AM
K Bourke

Errr, as I understand it (through replacing control arms on both our A6 and
A4), the issue is not the pesky squeaking, but the fact that this
(Bi-metallic) part squeaks when there's movement between the arm and the pin
(no bushing here). A "zero tolerance" item, Audi won't safety the front end
if there's movement/squeak.....don't short-change yourself in the
steering/control department.....

K.