Old March 4th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default "Check Engine" issue.

wrote:
> Okay, here's the situation:
>
> First off, ever since I got this car two months ago, there has been
> an issue with the oil lamp light which represents "Low Oil Pressure"
> However, this does not turn on through short trips. Many times, it has
> turned on when I am at a stop on more of the long distance trips. I
> have checked the dipstick and this is how far it goes up to:
>
> MIN | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | MAX
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer... ^ Right about here...

A very comon problem - as Glenn says - most likely the pressure sending
unit is bad, but you may want to have the pressure actually checked as a
precaution against engine damage. The problem is almost always a bad
(internally leaking) oil pressure switch and not truly out-of-spec. oil
pressure.

Here's a thread in which I dicsuss this in more detail, inculding what
Glenn was getting at with removing the rubber isolator in the connector
(to relieve build up of internal pressure due to seepage):
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...0ab2b917593a29

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')