Old July 17th 05, 08:30 PM
C.H.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 07:29:42 -0700, N8N wrote:

> C.H. wrote:

>> > No, ESPECIALLY when there's unequal friction.

>> Explain.

> No.

Because you can't, not because you are afraid I won

> You won't get it and will just come up with more bull****, and then
> accuse me of being "rude."

You just called me dumbass for not sharing your opinion in another
posting, that _is_ rude, which is why me calling you rude is not an
accusation but the truth.

Quite frankly, if you don't understand the
> statement I posted, you won't understand my explanation either. If that's
> "rude" then so be it.

OK, as you are incapable of explaining why supposedly your view is true I
will explain to you why it is wrong:

As long as there is equal friction on all four wheels and you are
braking in a straight line you can brake close to the traction limit of
your tires, possibly closer than ABS can.

As soon as the traction becomes unequal between tires you have to reduce
your brake force so far that the tire with the weakest friction does not
break loose, especially if you are not braking in a straight line. ABS on
the other hand does not have this restriction and brakes every wheel to
_its_ traction limit, which produces significantly shorter stopping
distances, especially when you have to brake in a curve, where the lateral
forces on your wheels are unequal to begin with.

IOW under ideal conditions you may be able to outbrake ABS, in real world
conditions you are not.

Chris