Old June 16th 05, 12:10 PM
Als

"John Riggs" > wrote in message
news:1118451579.18c36f490c604f3be4fc02c4936e9e57@b ubbanews...
> Maybe it just needs a fresh charge.
>

> "danjerguy" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
> | Thanks Big Bill. There seems to be lots to consider. The mech.
> recomended
> | to replace the compressor, but didn't have a convencing justification.
> | There reason to replace the compressor is to achieve more cooling when
> the
> | engine is idle or at very low speed like in trafic jams. I just find the
> AC
> | is comletely not efficient. It doesn't blow cold-enough air to keep the
> | compartment reasonably cold.

Well on the AC I have a couple of sugestions. Is the clutch fan if installed
working properly? If it is slipping a little it will impact how much air is
going through the condensor at idle and low speed. Not enough air and it is
not very efficient. Also is you vehicle running hot or on the work side?
Last ditch install an after market electric fan if all else fails you have
to keep the engine compartment cool so the condenser will function.