Old June 11th 05, 04:12 AM
Hairy

"danjerguy" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Thanks Big Bill. There seems to be lots to consider. The mech. recomended
> to replace the compressor, but didn't have a convencing justification.
> There reason to replace the compressor is to achieve more cooling when the
> engine is idle or at very low speed like in trafic jams. I just find the

AC
> is comletely not efficient. It doesn't blow cold-enough air to keep the
> compartment reasonably cold.

If your mech suggested a higher pressure compressor, I'd find a new mech.
The first thing I'd check would be the condenser and radiator for partial
blockage. They have to be clean for the fan to pull enough air through them
to work efficiently when idling.
Also check the belt for glazing. It could be slipping.
Another possibility is a door not closing(or opening) all the way in your
heater.
A good A/C man could find your problem quickly if you're willing to spend a
few bucks.