Old May 25th 05, 01:47 AM
Shag

On Tue, 24 May 2005 20:15:28 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
wrote:

>"tricky" > wrote in message
>> I found the Muir book a good read for the sake of reading. For a
>> complete newbie or not, you can learn alot and take a big step towards
>> knowing your VW, and have a laugh at the same time !
>>
>> I have never felt the same about a haynes manual for intance - I wouldnt
>> sit down and read one of them cover to cover !

>hope not...get yourself a novel or a comic book...
>

>> I guess Jan has a point - Read the muir book, then you know the basics
>> and more. Then if you want you can better understand any other tech
>> manual if you need to .
>>

>the Muir was a marketing genius .... hell read the name of the manual....
>the manual usually ends up in the hands of the *intended* people...the
>others get a real manual and actually fix **** on their car instead of
>looking for entertainment...

Damn, Christina. Lighten up! :-) If it weren't for Muir then I
would seriously not even be on RAMVA. I read that book and like
"tricky" said, it was fun to read and I did learn some stuff while
reading it. It made me feel much more comfortable when it came to
working on my vehicle. I'll be the first (ok, the second...or
third...etc, etc) to admit that the work I do on my VWs is "less than
professional" but doing that work is entertaining to me, even if it
might not sound like it sometimes if you listen to what comes out of
my mouth as I'm splitting the knuckle on the middle finger of my right
hand for the seventh time in a row during the same hour. I guess I'm
an "intended people." :-D I realize there are better, more accurate
manuals out there (and I own a few of them) than the Muir book, but I
won't condem it because it's not the best. Try to find the chapter
on how to have sex in your VW in any of the other manuals. ;-)