Old November 12th 04, 02:38 AM
john

Default 2002 Ford Explorer XLT

I just bought a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT with 4.0L V6 EFI SOHC engine
and 51,000 miles on it. Shortly after I start the vehicle and begin
to drive the ABS light on the dash lights up. Also, when driving
there is a sound that is coming from the back tire( not sure which
one or both) similar to the sound of studded tires being driven on
bare pavement from inside the vehicle. Took it into a shop and
mechanic said could be a hub?? Not sure what means. I did some
research online and noticed that some have had the ABS light thing
fixed by replacing the rear ABS sensor. Any other suggestions???
Also the hatch back exterior panel right beneath the window is
cracked, any suggestions where I might be able to buy a replacement
piece or do I have to buy the whole thing??