Old February 1st 05, 08:59 PM
Jeff Strickland

Those rims are fine. Offset isn't your problem. If offset was the problem,
the problem would be that the tires rub somewhere, typically the front tires
will rub on the undercarriage in a full-lock turn, or the rear tires will
rub on the shock mounts.

My humble opinion is that the tires themselves are merely following grooves
cut in the roadway to channel water away.

I am running 7.5x17 rims on my car, and the tires track fine, except on a
few particular places on the freeway, where the tires want to follow the
grooves. In these places, the grooves are more pronounced for some reason.

.. .