Old April 6th 05, 12:14 AM
mbjj

Default Ignition Timing

I just replaced an engine in my '94 Metro 1.0L 5 speed. I want to set the
timing to make sure it's right. The module on the car says it needs to be 5
degrees BTDC with the "check connector short circuited". It has a picture
of how to short it. My question is: What is the "check connector" and where
is it located. The picture shows it as a 6 segment connector with segments
4 and 5 shorted. [1] [2] [3]
|___|

That's about as good as I can do on the drawing. I have a basic '94 metrto
hatchback. Any help finding this would be greatly appreciated. By the way,
the engine runs and idles ok, I just want to see where it's timed at.