Old September 12th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Default Parts

John wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> My 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo needs a new front pipe with O2 sensor.
> Firestone quoted me some rediculous price like $569 or something. Is
> there a cheap web store you guys can recommend? maybe I can buy it and
> have them install it or something, what do y'all think?

at $569 that pipe probably came with a big bag o weed.

Gonna assume you have the I6....

Any decent muffler shop can bend one up for you (or fix the mashed bit
if that's what happened) but if you insist on OEM.
$183 www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/
the sensor you can get from napaonline.com for about $59.

The hardest part about replacing that pipe is the catalytic converter
clamp, it's almost always rusted shut.

I'd do the sensor myself, check a few local muffler shops, You might
find one that will throw the parts on for a reasonable rate.

Or you could use this as an excuse for a whole new high-flow system.
http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/reviews/Kolak-catback00/

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks