Old August 24th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Default Radiator Drain on 99 Concorde?

maxpower wrote:
> "DLH1" > wrote in message
> news >
>>Where is the drain plug/petcock for the radiator on a 99 Concorde?
>>There is an unanswered question regarding this on the FAQ page. If any
>>one knows, please respond here. Thanks
>>

>>--
>>DLH1
>>DLH1's Profile:

> http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=396815
>
>>View this thread:

> http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=610044
>
>>http://www.automotiveforums.com
>>

> I believe on that model it is located on the inside radiator at the
> passenger side corner.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Yep - and they are a PITA. Many start leaking or people can't get them
to drain and over-turn them and end up having to replace them. They
also are in a very difficult spot to reach (as on most cars these days).

My understanding is they turn CCW a little over 90° and pull out just a
little to start draining. I couldn't get mine to start draining, and
learned later on the 300M Club forums that they have to come out a
little after being turned. Also the o-rings go bad on them. I ended up
just flushing thru the radiator hoses. Will probably do the same thing
again next time to avoid damaging it or the o-ring start leaking. Very
poor design.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')