Old August 21st 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

Default 95fordmustang

"Jim Warman" > wrote:

> Just a word of caution, Kate.... A lot of DIYers don't think hard
> enough about what they are doing. I've been presented with too many
> cars where "thats' good enough" was a real theme. I can't speak for
> any other shops but I can not bring myself to release a car that I
> think is unsafe

My kid just spent bought a nice 93 Bird (140,000 mi) for 200 bucks, it had
fallen on its nose and he assumed the problem was the ball joint went.

Turns out when he got it in his drive and jacked up, the BJ nut had come
off a recently installed part.

Parts to fix: about 4 bucks. But worrisome if some shop had installed it.

you pay..DEAL with it!