Old April 2nd 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Need help from a Buick Oddfire V6 Guru

Milke,

Thanks. It is difficult to tell from a book. I have a Haynes manual, but
the drawing isn't that clear and it doesn't have any details on the
early GM engines, only the similar Dauntless V6. The rotor is wide on
the Oddfire distributor and mine will either center on #1 at TDC on the
compression stroke or point between #1 and #6. If you have one of these
engines (Delco distributor), could you pop the cap and look at where the
centerline of the rotor points at TDC? There is a small notch on the
distributor that represents the #1 position. One would assume it would
point to that mark, not past it.

Bill

--

Bill Lahr