Old July 22nd 05, 03:29 AM
Chuck Tomlinson

"N8N" > wrote:
>Just got an Impala last night (company car... not actually mine, mine
>is at a dealership somewhere because someone who was supposed to do
>some paperwork was on vacation... but I digress) ANYWAY... any doubt
>in my mind that the automatic headlights are a bad idea has now been
>erased. When you leave the vehicle, the lights stay on for 30 seconds
>or so...

AFAIK, the Impala owner's manual has instructions on how to
disable the headlamp delay (or extend it to 60 seconds...).

Maybe GM enables the "feature" by default so that owners who
are not inclined to read the manual are aware that the
feature exists (as John S mentioned, some people actually
*prefer* the headlamp delay).
--
Chuck Tomlinson