Old August 20th 04, 03:24 PM
Gareth Tuckwell

More of a response to the tyre point...

2.0 JTS 156 still with original factory fitted Firestone tyres all round at
19k miles. Rear tyres still have the little bobbly bits round the sides and
the front tyres are probably just past half worn. All 4 tyres still have the
paint bands visible through the tread. My last car was a Fiat Marea and it
was the same - original factory fit firestones lasted for ever, but the
replacement michellin energys and Pyrelli p4000s each managed just 10-12k.

I use a mix of A, B roads and motorway/dual carriageway. I don't hang
abount, but I also don't screach round every corner either.

Fuel consumption - that's not why I bought this car! Onboard computer
reports 36-37 MPG. At the last fill up, I measured it at over 30MPG, but
that was a tank of premium petrol, so was 'booting it' from time to time!

"Simon C" > wrote in message
> "Jon" wrote in message
>
> > Also any suggestions on tyres, I've just had to replace all four after
> > 9 months / 9000 miles. Wear was pretty even across them all. Again is
> > this normal.
> >

> Hi Jon
>
> I can't help on the consumption, but to me 9 months / 9000 miles seems
> pretty much standard for Alfas if your not a driver that sits on a

motorway
> all day. Most of my driving is A roads, so I therefore use the car.
>
> I have the 156 2.4JTD, which I bought in Oct 02. I am now on my third set

of