Old August 18th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
morticide

Default UK study - Food-drivers as deadly as phone-drivers

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE imported and blasted onto these groups
(and mtr but a smarter operator saved THAT group the grief):
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...318415,00.html

m: (nuked the regurgitation of the linked article...any idiot can move
a mouse!)

> Plus the psychopaths also play with radios and CD players and read
> books while driving and could care less if they crash into you. When
> are people gonna wake up and realize that reckless drivers are
> hundred times the threat that terrorists are.

You had to import your information from overseas? gagggghhhh...

Eating while driving...no argument, that's why alarm clocks are
adjustable and Interstate rest stops have picnic areas.

Water from bottle with screw-type lid...bad choice indeed; that's why
we have travel mugs and squeeze bottles.

Radios and CD players...mostly push button, any sane operator can run
them without taking the eyes off the road. Should not be a problem.

Reading books (I'll add road maps and newspapers and laptops): right,
totally insane. No argument.

Drivers do come with various skill sets; some can handle 100 mph quite
safely, and some do not belong on the road at 45 or even 4.5 mph.
That's why we have defensive driving.

BTW, what about drivers using a vehicle with a manual transmission?
Changing gears in those cases requires taking one hand off the wheel
for 1-2 seconds. Are those drivers reckless terrorists as well? No
need to answer that; the other readers can guess your opinion quite
well, thank you.

Happy motoring!!!