Old November 15th 04, 06:10 AM
Terry

On 2004-11-08 05:37:35 -0600, "Denny" > said:

> "Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message
>> Ever hear of New Brunswick? My school auto shop had a bunch and I thought

>> With pros, is it a mandatory status symbol to own a complete Snap-On
>> collection, or have they gravitated toward imports already?
>>

> I have a Snap-on box bought new in '85 and no doubt it is a dammed good
> tool box. Would I spend that kind of money again??, nope. There are
> many other boxes out there that do the job just fine and cost about 1/4
> as much. I have some Snap-on and Mac tools but the majority of them are
> SK and now the Craftsman Professional line. I just can't see the price
> the tool trucks are getting. There is a local tech college in town
> where the automotive/diesel students can purchase complete sets of
> Snap-on tools for half price. This tells me they make way too much off
> everybody else.
>
> Denny

I do helicopter work and often we are forced to use Snap-On, Mac, etc.
(due to tight space tolerances), but more and more I am finding that
the Craftsman line suits my needs. My own tools are probably 60%
Snap-On with the rest mainly Craftsman, although I use some Blackhawk,
Proto, and SK. I believe the main line of Craftsman is now made by SK.
Whenever I need a new tool now I check Sears first. They have been
doing well for me and *never* hassle me about a replacement. I do use
cheap Asian tools, but I keep them around just to cut up or weld into
something else. Be careful if you choose to use cheap tools; they can
get you hurt easily when they break (...and they will).

*Remove "yershoes" from address*
--
- Terry