Old August 9th 06, 02:03 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
David Hageman

Default AC Blower motor failure

dmin wrote:

> So a GOOGLE on "final stage" or "final stage resistor" - or just go to
> the dealer and get one. Takes about 15 minutes to install. It's located
> behind the carpeted panel on the right side of the console/tunnel.
>
> Very common problem... the new one has been "improved" and hopefully
> won't fail as often.

Wow! I was just ready to post a thread with the same problem on my 99
M3.

The fan will shut down for a couple of minutes and then return to work
properly.
When it's 110 degrees Farenheit inside the car that's no fun.

Is that part you describe for the e39 the same for the e36?

David H.