Old November 8th 04, 07:47 PM
DAVID THORNTON

I am with you on that.
Of course it helps that my wife works for Corporate Sears, and gets a
substantial discount..... :^)

I am also on the side of utility, but Craftsman has come out with some
really nice looking tools as of late.

Freedom is NEVER free! Support our TROOPS! David Thornton
IM:
Signature powered by Plaxo ... Want a signature like this? Add me to your
address book...
"Roger Sircar" > wrote in message
|I have been using Craftsman hand tools for years without any problem. I
| personally don't care for the very glossy chrome finish like Snap On
Tools.

| And the price seems to be reasonable with their life time warranty.
|
| Those chepo Chinese/Taiwanese tools are for kids. Unless you want a bolt
| be rounded keep them away from heavy duty use.
|
| I am more on the side of utility value than looks!
| "Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message
| > Ever hear of New Brunswick? My school auto shop had a bunch and I
thought
| > they were great. As I recall, they had some Proto tools as well.
| >
| > Well, being a poor boy, I collected Craftsman tools. They're roughly
| > finished for the most part, not like their latest versions. Mine are
made
| > in the U.S.A. Today, I believe, some of the Craftsman line are
imported.

| > I also have a few Snap-On tools and they are like fine jewels. Snap-On
| > sells direct to the pros from mobile sales trucks. Their quality is
| > unquestionably the best, but so are their prices the highest.
| >
| > Does anybody have an opinion about Taiwanese tools? Outwardly, they
| > resemble Snap-On in their finish and sell for remarkably low prices. Do
| > pros use them? Is the quality through and through with quality alloys
and
| > heat treatment or they promoted on their cosmetic atributes? I have
| > noticed that some famous brands like Black and Decker and Stanley are
| > importing from Taiwan.
| >
| > Any opinions on Chinese tools? They look robust and generally have a
good
| > finish. I bought a Chinese-made breaker bar handle in 1/2 inch drive
and
| > it works just fine. I know the discount tool stores sell a lot of
Chinese