Old March 4th 05, 01:18 PM
The Malt Hound

"Shadowdancer" > wrote in message
news:1109937184.de264e7bacad53adbdf4d36998b7e7bd@m eganetnews2...
> I'm a little confused about the tire inflation table in my car's
> manual,
> and I'm not sure which pressures to use.
>
> The car is a `98 Z3 2.8 Litre, and the tires a
>
> Front: Daytona P225/50Z R16 M+S
>
> Rear: Yokohama P225/50 R16 M+S
>
> Do I go with 29 front and 32 rear, or 32 front and 35 rear?

There's not much difference in what you are proposing, 3 pounds
pressure difference comes under the heading of "tweaking" the tire
pressure. Personally, I would go with the higher pressures and work
down if it is too high. You'll know because the center of the tread
will wear faster than the ouitside edges if it is too high.

One thing I'd like to point out is that it appears you have radically
different tires on the front and rear axles. It is generally not
adviseable to do this as handling may be impacted. The impact may be
positively or it may be negatively but without a lot of testing and/or
experience you will not know just by slapping them on there.

YMMV,
-Fred W