Old December 15th 04, 12:39 AM
Tock

I always used bias tubeless tires on my VW's (had 5 of 'em), and I read
somewhere along the way that the newer steel belted tires are a bit too hard
on the suspension system, as the bias tires absorb more road shock than
radials. I dunno if this is true or not, but it sounds reasonable to me.
When I get my next VW, I'll look for bias ply tires first, but if I
can't find any, well, I'll be ready to spring for extra suspension parts too
.. . .
-Tock

oups.com...