Old August 29th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

Default A-904 TC fill quandry

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:42:36 -0700, "John Kunkel" >
wrote:

>There are kits made by TransGo and Sonnax that allow the converter to refill
>in Park but the cheapest fix is to get in the habit of making the initial
>startup in Neutral instead of Park. <snip>

Actually, the layout having no drive from the converter's turbine in
park is a good, well thought out engineering idea, so I'll keep it.
Now I have to train the wife for a week on how to do that! It took a
month to get her to release the parking brake AFTER applying the
service brake to prevent parking pawl binding from being "loaded,"
which I hear is also common on RWD Chryslers and anything else, from
my experience. At least they don't wind up popping into reverse, like
the pre-1969 Fords did!

Thanks for the reply, John.

Now if I could only figure a good retrofit to knock off that TCC while
climbing a grade in direct drive, life would be serendipitous