Old March 5th 05, 11:25 PM
DougW

montanajeeper did pass the time by typing:
> my rubicon hasnt arrived yet but my dealership was preparing my
> paperwork so that we could get everything done in advance. he asked if
> i wanted the undercoating/detail for $162. he said they undercoat the
> entire undercarraige and then detail/wax the jeep. i dont care about
> the waxing part, but im wondering if the undercoat they do is worth
> doing or if its a waste of $162. thanks.

IMHO, a waste of money.
Cars come factory undercoated and in several cases adding
addional undercoating voids the factory rust warantee.
Besides which, all they do is rattle-can on undercoating you
could do yourself for $30 or less.

As for waxing, that's pure bull****. The dealer should detail
your car for delivery as a part of the service. Seriously, clean
it yourself, that way some lowbuck trainee doesn't scratch the
paint before you can.

--
DougW