Old January 28th 05, 01:44 PM
twaldron

First: What do you drive??? How do you drive???

Here are my thoughts/experience, anyway:

If it's a TJ, I have one with a 4.5" RE lift and 35's. I get very minor
rubbing, nothing too serious, but it does catch my attention when it
happens. I_just_don't_like_body_lifts and don't feel the tall springs
and the spacer lift is a good combo, so I live with it. If you don't
mind the 1" body lift, go with that.

I might also mention that I have the same gearing you have (4.10/4.11),
and it is woefully inadequate in the more serious offroad situations
with 35s. I live with it for now because I have a low range
transfer-case and I'm not a rock demon. I would even consider going with
lower gears than the 4.56s. Why spend all that money on a swap and go
one size up, right? Go up two and make it right. (Of course you have to
make sure your diffs will handle the gear size.)

Troy wrote:
> Hello again. Finally found a dana44 rear end, and I'm having to have it
> rebuilt...
> Replacing the dana35c before it breaks. ( maybe I'll break it and send the
> pic to Bill)
> Now, I have 4.10 or 4.11 gears, whichever they are, and 33 x 12.50's
> I'm wanting to get 4.56 gears, for more pep. I've heard that I can even run
> 35's with this gearing? In that case, I have the Pro Comp 4 inch lift kit,
> stage 1. Whatever that means.
>
> How much higher am I going to have to get that 4 inch lift to fit the 35's?
> Will a 1 inch body lift do? Or maybe the body lift and a 1 inch spring
> spacer? I have no idea what would be good, but I prefer something "proper".
>
> I"m open to any and all suggestions... Thanks in advance.
>
> Troy

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)