Old June 15th 04, 11:56 AM
David Hungerford

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:40:16 -0700, Jonnie Santos
> wrote:

>David Hungerford wrote:
>
>> [On the S2000]
>>

>> They bumped up the displacement from 1997cc to 2157cc by lengthening
>> the stroke.
>>

>Didn't know - thanks.

np. The latest issue of Car & Driver says it "...provides much better
midrange response, and the longer stroke brings operating RPM down
from the stratosphere."

>I've never driven one (but would like too), however after seeing
>Mitsubishi's Evo with 19lbs of boost and 271 hp for $26k I think the
>Zero (insert sarcasm) would be more of a hoot to drive.

Yeah, that'd be a trip. I'm not looking for anything that hot and I'm
a small wagon fan (current ride is a '94 SW2), so I'm fairly annoyed
at Mitsubishi for their decision to not put the manual tranny in the
Lancer Ralliart Sportback. (Meanwhile, the Mazda 3 would be $18k
equipped how I want it...hmmm.)

Dav2.718