Old July 20th 04, 08:32 AM
Ronny

"John Smith" > wrote in message
> Audi Germany says the cam belt needs replacing at 120,000 KM. Well, our A4
> belt broke down at 113,000 and caused for thousands of dollars damage.

Audi
> New Zealand (who serviced teh car throughout its lifetime) is now saying
> that 100,000 KM is considered HIGH MILEAGE for an Audi and doesn't want to
> share the cost....

If you had the car serviced at an Audi dealer and its a full service history
then they have no come back, unless they advised you change the belt at last
service and you said no.

What model Audi is it, I suspect its an 1.8T as there renown for snapping
cam belts...?

60k miles is the Audiworld users recommended change time, and 80k if you
have a V6 model.

You will have bent a few valves, just take it to a independant garage, if
its a 1.8 then your looking at a days labour and the price of a new set of
valves. If its a V6 then its quite a bit more expensive.

Ronny