Old May 4th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default 1990 jeep cherokee no start

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!! Problem solved. You're not going to believe it
but it all comes down to wiring. (which I suspected in the first place
but thought I had eliminated that). I went back into the harness and
started checking wiring. I realized that when I was checking the
ground wires inside the wire loom that I missed about a 18 in section
just after the main splice on the firewall, engine side. They looked
good but decided to investigate further. Upon a more thorough visual
inspection I noticed two little pin holes where someone had apparantly
probed the wires at one point in time. Remembering that the customer
had told me he had submersed the jeep past the windsheild in soupy
water at one time I decided to remove the covering on the
wires.......They literally fell apart.

So....it all comes down to a bad ground. It was something simple but
hidden.