Old February 24th 05, 04:27 PM
Hairy One Kenobi

"Mike Whiteman" > wrote in message
news:LYkTd.10788$QQ3.6174@trnddc02...
> "Steven Grauman" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > According to the article at VW Vortex
> > (http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...cle_1212.shtml)
> > Audi will be releasing a lighter weight TT, powered by a 240 horsepower
> > version of the 1.8T, and capable of a 5.9 second 0-60 run. Although
> > this is certainly an appealing idea, it isn't as interesting as it
> > might be considering the fairly recent existence of the TT 3.2, which
> > also tests with a 0-60 time of around 5.9 seconds, and doesn't exhibit
> > any turbo lag. I'm a little curious as to why this model is being
> > produced? If anyone has any insight, I'd like to hear it, because with
> > the 3.2 avaliable, the possibility of "chiiping" the less expensive 225
> > model and the avaliability of the $29,000 R32, I'm not sure that this
> > model makes any sense.

> Maybe it has an available manual 6 speed unlike the VR6 TT (in north
> america).

AFAIK the VR6 isn't available in manual anywhere that I'm aware of. Despite
what the same article says.. a bit puzzling, that.

This is probably the reason for trying to launch a "proper" S variant (as
Porsche et al have already done) The state of tune is still pretty mild -
it's the 75kg (5% or so) weight reduction that produces most of the
performance gains. You can bet that it doesn't come with a spare tyre,
either!

About the most puzzling thing is why they painted it to look like a Citroen
Pluriel..?

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!