Old March 2nd 05, 10:17 PM
William Oliveri

Default Good intrument panel wiring techniques.

Hi all,

I've recently been adding or replacing my stock CJ7 guages with Autometer
guages. One of these gauges is mechanical (oil pressure), and the others
are electrical (water temp, fuel). On all the gauges there is wiring for
lighting the gauge at night, the electrical gauges also have wiring so they
can work.

My question is how to wire all this stuff properly? I already have wires
coming out of my fuse box for my radio and my CB radio so the whole thing
looks like a mess. How can I organized the wiring so that it's wired
correctly and also organized.

I was thinking of creating a panel to mount under the dash and over the hump
with thumb bolts to tighten them down with. Since all these things drawing
power are in the middle of the dash it sounds like a good idea. But then I
would need sources that were off when the jeep is off and sources that are
on when the jeep is off.

Anyway, I'm up for suggestions.

Bill