Old January 12th 05, 06:08 PM
Mike Romain

You need to find out how many CFM the 'real' aerator puts out to service
how many cubic feet of pond you have first or you will fast have dead
fish.

Then figure the air pump from a vehicle 'starts' putting out at say 1000
rpm and works best at 3000 rpm. I am sure the CFM ratings are out there
for those pumps too.

That would need one serious wind or gearing to turn blades that fast eh.

I would be finding out the brand of pump the real thing uses and the
size and gearing of the fan blades to run it then just make my own.
Normally one can cut the costs more than by half doing it themselves
with the proper parts.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's