Old January 22nd 05, 11:18 PM
Thomas G. Marshall

Default a4: Bonehead battery plenum design

Who is the ****ing idiot who decided to put the battery inside its own
compartment, and then make an access hatch NOT BIG ENOUGH TO ALLOW ME TO
REACH THE CELL CAPS????? (2000 / a4 / 1.8T)

So in order to even LOOK to see if there is enough water I have to open the
whole plenum.

And THEN they:

1. hide the instructions in the audi service manual so that I cannot find
out how to open it up.
2. make it so interlocked together that in order to see if parts unclip by
simply pulling, YOU HAVE TO PULL ON IT. Which means, of course, I shattered
part of it (it was below zero out, which doesn't help plastic any).
3. And THEN it did disengage, but only after breaking.
4. And this plenum cover doesn't come undone without first unhooking that
plastic "flashing" (or whatever) that runs right along the bottom edge of
the windshield. But of course, only the left part of it, because the right
part would require me to remove the windshield wipers from their posts.
Another ****ing STUPID DESIGN.
5. And THEN the left part above what looks like an air intake of some kind
has a screw that must feed into a receptical that it cannot possibly find,
unless the thing is aligned perfectly. I had to put a scratch-awl into the
hole so that with a flashlight at the wrong angle TRY to guide this plastic
hole over the receptical so that the screw will teeth into something.

I've repaired cars before, replaced a million battaries, changed a valve
cover gasket, plugs, oil changes, etc., etc., etc., and have never seen
anything so dumbass designed as the engine cavity of an audi A4.

It seriously crossed my mind to grab my sledgehammer and teach this
rediculous inanimate object a ****ing lesson. Came "this" close to it.

I am so foaming at the mouth angry at this (mis)design that I'm ready to
punch a hole in my monitor.

I am NEVER buying a ****ING AUDI AGAIN.

--
Everythinginlifeisrealative.Apingpongballseemssmal luntilsomeoneramsitupyourn
ose.