Old September 9th 04, 05:11 PM
Alfistagj

Fortunatily the bottoming out is a curse of the V6 and JTD (heavy engine)
The 4-cylinder version do not seem to have that problem says he who was on a
budget when ordering his GT 2.0JTS in stead of the most wanted 3.2V6 ;-(
And still has to wait until week 42!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Ppelectron" > schreef in bericht

> >> Indeed! I prefer the criticism of the suspension and note that this
> >> car will bottom out and crunch on British roads.
> >>
> >> It's a real shame that Alfa feel unable to fix this as it's the same
> >> on my old 156. It removes a HUGE amount of the pleasure of driving
> >> them when you smash your sump and drop the oil, smash off the entire
> >> front bumper/spoiler, destroy the under-tray or wear away large areas
> >> of metalwork and fixings under the car over time. An old 1 litre Ford
> >> Fiesta on 3 cylinders and a flat tyre would be quicker than any GTA on
> >> many British roads that would, otherwise, be an absolute blast to
> >> drive with the Alfa.
> >>
> >> Sorry about the rant but..it gets right on my t!ts when I've to slow
> >> down on a straight and let somebody in a FAR slower car overtake just
> >> because I spot the road undulation ahead and realise the Alfa is going
> >> to take a big hit unless I ease off!! Once past the undulation, I've
> >> got to get past the bugger again and he thinks I'm playing some stupid
> >> game!! Judging by what I see of other (reasonably normal) cars, this
> >> appears to be an Alfa-only feature.
> >>

> >Sounds like a modern Alfa only feature, it doesn't happen on my 164 QV

and
> >that's got a pretty heavy front.
> >

> My 156 V6 used to bottom out regularly until I had the upper front

wishbones