Old June 20th 05, 06:53 PM
Sarah Czepiel

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:06:19 -0400, ZombyWoof >
wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 01:45:45 -0400, Sarah Czepiel >
>wrote something wonderfully witty:
>
>>On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 01:22:38 -0400, ZombyWoof >
>>wrote:

>>>Are you holding yourself up as an expert?
>>>
>>>As in GW I & GW II after all the missiles were fired and all the bombs
>>>dropped it still took boots on the ground & treads if you like to take
>>>possession and set up control.
>>>
>>>It doesn't have to be a nuclear exchange. In today's battlefield
>>>first one takes control obtains air superiority, then one wipes out
>>>the command & control infrastructure from the air. This is followed
>>>by all major infrastructure rendered useless from the air. Finally
>>>treads & boots need to move in to mop up and take possession of what
>>>is left.

>>Chief Petty Officer Jacobs challenged me with the following:
>>
>>"Do an online search, nothing fancy, just check out the ICBM status,
>>nuke warhead status, submarines, surface navy, and airplanes.....
>>there's other stuff, but that'll do. "
>>
>>Strategic nuclear forces....and I responded with the figures for
>>China's conventional as well as nuclear force strength in these
>>specific areas.
>>
>>CPO Jacobs responded: " After all the bombs are dropped and all the
>>missiles shot someone still has to go in and take possession with
>>boots on the ground. "
>>
>>My response: No one will bother to go in " with boots " Chief Petty
>>Officer because the whole place will be radiated. What would be the
>>point?
>>
>>CPO Jacobs brought up the nuclear option. I finished it.
>>
>>China isn't going to launch a first strike on the United States
>>because they wouldn't survive it.
>>
>>No need to go " boots in" when everything is molten glass.
>>

>Being as we are the only country to ever exercise a nuclear option,
>why did we go "boots in" into Japan after WW II and their surrender?
>
>Good tea? Cheap Japanese food? Access to raw materials? Inquiring
>minds and all that.
>
>(Whoops Japan doesn't have any raw materials, that's why there was a
>Pacific War to begin with).

Are you clumsily attempting to compare WW2's Japan with modern day
China? You pointed out China is a nuclear nation. At the height of
it's power the USSR didn't want to take on the United States in a
strategic nuclear war. If the United States got into a war with
another nuclear nation encompassing the scope and the intensity of WW2
no one would be left standing in our enemy's territory.

Even Saddam Hussein understood our meaning when he was informed we
would use " all available force " against him if he used
chemical/biological weapons on us in 1991 in the Gulf War.