Old June 20th 05, 03:38 AM
Defiant

heater core started leaking first off, then as I was getting replaced the
Shop said it was almost blocked I looked at it and sure enough it was.
now on some trucks (don't know about cars ) the Heater core passes water
through it all the time.
the line and inlet into the passenger side head was really nasty.
I stood there and watched as they Flushed the block and let me tell you the
stuff that come out of my engine was unbelievable. of course the truck had
about 160,000 miles on it so that could be why.
didn't really give it much though before, but after seeing that. I'm a firm
believer in flushing the Whole system.
Defiant
"tarzan" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> thanks for the information. What does the heater core and return system
> have to do with the cooling system? If it promotes air flow, then I
> understand but I'm leaning more towards the radiator because the engine
> only heats up in stop and go traffic. You said yours was blocked, how did
> you come to that conclusion? Is there a way to visually inspect the system
> or is it an internal issue? Any additional information would be

appeciated.