Old June 13th 05, 03:33 AM
Jim Adney

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:00:25 -0400 "Joey Tribiani" >
wrote:

>recently there have been a couple threads about distributors..(as well as
>over the years)...i have used the 009 distributors for years(german usually)
>and they were okay....have used the factory SVDA's also...they were
>better....yesterday i got around to installing the Mallory Unilite(bought it
>back in early feb) with vacuum advance in the bug(1641, ported factory
>heads, mild cam, dual kads) and it is great...haven't gotten it completeley
>dialed in yet so it is a bit retarded at idle.

Where do you get your vac from? Do the kads supply the appropriate
kind of port for this dist?

Most carbs, if they have a vac port at all, provide a vac that
increases with increasing load, which would be appropriate for a vac
only dist, but you are asking for, very appropriately, a vac port that
only comes on at low throttle, while crusing. Some of the OE Solex
carbs do this but I didn't think that this was normal with any of the
aftermarket carbs.

I'm not that familiar with carbs, so I'm hoping to learn something
here.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA