Old June 10th 05, 09:22 PM

The symptoms you describe are of a failing power brake master cylinder.
I know as this has happened to me on my '89 and '93 Accords.

I strongly suggest you have this attended to ASAP, as brake failure
could be imminent. The valve inside the cylinder is deteriorating and
when it goes say goodbye to your brakes!

As for repeatabilty of the symptoms, don't worry, it will definitely be
getting worse and start occuring more frequently. The problem is, you
don't know when it will eventually fail and the results could be
disasterous.

If you don't have a reliable mechanic, I have some suggestions:
1. Honda dealer
2. Independent Honda mechanic (in the phone book)
3. Car Talk.com - MechanXfiles - database of over 16,000 mechanics,
recommended by members - http://www.cartalk.com/content/mechx/
4. Helm service manual if you feel capable of doing it yourself?

Either way, don't wait, your '92 Accord is an accident waiting to
happen!