Old June 10th 05, 08:39 PM
Jason

In article .com>,
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Now that summer is here and temperatures are rising above 90 (in this
> part of Maryland), I have been noticing a peculiar problem with my '92
> Honda Accord. Especially on a hot day (though I am not sure about this
> correlation) after the car's been driven around for a bit, the brake
> pedals tend to get soft. Rather, at high speeds braking slows the car
> down. . . but the application of a persistent pressure causes the pedal
> to keep getting depressed without noticeable braking action. Pumping
> the brake resumes braking, and then it goes soft again until one
> releases and depresses the brake once more. The brake appears to work
> better during the initial braking action, and then gets soft after it
> has been depressed for a little while. There is no squealing,
> clinking, or any kind of noise or vibration.
>
> After reading these (very helpful) forums, I concluded that this may be
> due to water/gas contamination in my brake line, or a leaky master
> cylinder. I had the brake fluid flushed yesterday, and the entire
> brake system was checked out. There was no apparent leaks anywhere. .
> .and the brake fluid levels have always been constant. Today, I still
> find the same soft brake pedal problem.
>
> It is hard to get advice from car mechanics on this, because the
> problem is moody and sometimes difficult to reproduce. The car starts
> out fine in the morning. What do you guys suggest I do to fix this
> problem?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Subhamoy.

Subhamoy,
You may be right. I suspect the fluid is contaminated or has broken down
or there may be air in the lines. Regardless, the best solution would be
to drain out all of the brake fluid and replace it with new fluid. If you
have never done it before--I advise you to take it to a mechanic that you
trust and have them do it. Mechanics have all of the tools and equipment
to make the job much easier and quicker. It's a messy job.
Jason

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.