Old March 8th 05, 06:15 PM
dave

=== you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

> > I think I will fight it. LOL
> >

> I wouldn't, not without a lawyer. If you show up and the cop remembers
> giving you a break (he has notes), he will be really PO'ed, let the judge
> know, and you will find that court costs can double or triple what they

are
> on the paper ticket.

yup. this happened to me. 4am. I was caught doing 100+ in a 35 (ya i know
stupid)..cop sees my baby seat next to me. He says "you can buy a lot of
formula with what I am saving you" He hands me a a ticket for $170 and
only 21 over. Well I thought I would be smart. Dressed in suit and tie.
Waited my turn. Judge says "looks like officer made a mistake" whew I
thought, he would drop the ticket further. NOPE. he raised it back up to
nearly $400, took off 6 or 8 pts AND then said.. "to teach you lesson son,
you are paying 1/2 day court costs. everyone this morning is here FREE
because of you" an additional $500.. nearly $900 I should have taken the
170.00