Old March 6th 05, 04:19 PM
jim beam

> 89 civic. Is my engine too hot? After 10 min driving, park it and
> open the hood and all I feel from is "damn it my engine too hot"
> Today I picked up the oil dip and checked the oil. It was so hot I
> drop the dip stick. Definitely the end of the stick was hot.
> Do you think this is normal? I remember a mechanic guy told me
> don't be surprise by hot engine. My temp gauage is basically
> normal. I ask a simply question is this a normal thing or my
> car is overheating...

red cloud, this is a non-issue. just like your starter question, your
$69 drive shaft question, your hot transmission question... "too hot"
is too subjective to be meaningful. if you're worried, buy an infrared
thermometer & measure the temp of the engine casing [NOT the exhaust
manifold], then report back with some useful data.