Old August 8th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

Default a/c leak - compressor

Found my a/c leak today - dye all over the front of the compressor at
the seam where the flat plate bolts onto the front end. I don't see
any leak down by the shaft, but I assume that it would be just good
practice to change the shaft seal while I'm in there. Biggest
question I have is where to find the gasket/seal kit to rebuild this
thing. This is an 88 MJ and I'm going the whole route from R12 to
R134a. What compressor do I ask about if I go to someplace other than
the dealr for the seals? Any thoughts on the cheapest place to find
the parts and any hints on pulling the clutch off the shaft?

I've got a good vacuum pump and all the scales/guages - what do I need
to pay attention to besides the accumulator/dryer while I'm flushing
the system before I refill?

--
Will Honea