Old July 6th 05, 03:45 PM
Trey

"Peter Bozz" > wrote in message
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>> At a $1.50 per liter, that works out to nearly $6.00 per gallon. Most of
>> that is road tax though, and we pay our road taxes differently than you
>> do.
>> Our -- USA -- gas is about $2.50 per gallon in California.
>>

> Well, in addition to paying $1.00 for a liter of diesel (ie $3.80 a
> gallon), I pay $100 a month in road tax. (Diesel costs less at the pump,
> but private vehicles are taxed more.)
>
> What's the road tax in California?

something interesting... old, but interesting.
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000707020792/

Ahh, here we go.
http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/st...tate_2002.html
This would explain why so many roads here are in such poor condition.
(according to this site
http://www.transportationca.com/rece...dden_tax.shtml)

Another interesting link.. a little old, and rather idealistic, but
entertaining.
http://www.wematter.com/cagastax/

To answer your question. I think its just a little over 50 cents a gallon.
Or less then 25% of what most other countries charge for tax on it.