Old July 6th 05, 02:44 PM
Trey

"Peter Bozz" > wrote in message

>>>just

>>>my thoughts EXACTLY ) man, you must have the biggest SUVs in the
>>>world! I
>>>once saw a Dodge Ram, I couldn't believe that it's actually a "normal
>>>car"
>>>there (us) )
>>>

>> Parents will GIVE a Dodge ram 4x4 to their 16 year old kid here as soon
>> as they get their license. A mother will drive a Ford Excursion with two
>> kids in the back to soccer practice. Its crazy! I would love to see some
>> report come out to show the national average fuel economy for the
>> countries around

> What I don't get is this:
>
> Every time people talk about SUVs or oversized trucks, the standard
> example is the "soccer moms" using them: moms driving their kids to soccer
> practice, and how nuts that is (which it is).
>
> The question is: with the proliferation of soccer moms and their SUVs and
> all the soccer practice going on in the US, how come US soccer sucks?

Because its not soccer!! its Day care for the kids while the moms run
errands... Like, getting their hair and nails done.
Also, the term 'soccer mom' does not just pertain to soccer. its more along
the lines of the 'active mom' that has her Chauffeur hat on. Soccer,
baseball, hockey, football, basket ball... what ever it is. Its often a mom
in a Chevy or GMC Suburban. (now a Yukon XL or H2) That just drives around
all day with her vehicle mostly empty.