Old April 25th 05, 05:19 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Arif Khokar > wrote:
>Matthew Russotto wrote:
>[Bin Laden]
>> And we're supposed to believe him?

>Let's just say I trust him as much as I trust our government. Take that
>as you wish.

I'll take that to mean you _don't_ think there's good reason to take
his statements at face value. Personally, I think bin Laden just had
a hard-on about the World Trade Center.

>> And, even supposing we do, we're supposed to bow to his desires?

>If we're pefectly willing to risk innocent lives, then we shouldn't.

So bowing to his desires is a risk-free scenario?

>The point of the matter is that deeply unpopular actions usually lead to
>deadly results.

It's impossible to avoid all the actions which are deeply unpopular
with some group or another, particularly in the Middle East.
result in a fully-depreciated one.