Old May 30th 05, 04:36 AM
C.H.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:33:34 -0700, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:15:27 -0700, "C.H." > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 29 May 2005 09:56:39 -0700, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>>
>>> Way to go, California Legislature. It's ILLEGAL for these assholes to
>>> modify their exhaust systems - if they want to save their hearing, then
>>> they need to obey the ****ing law. Passing laws that make it easier for
>>> these pricks to break other laws is counterproductive, to say the
>>> least.

>>Have you ever ridden a normal motorcycle with legal exhaust? The exhaust
>>is not the problem, the wind noise on the helmet is.

> I've never ridden a motorcycle, but I know several people who have. None
> of them every mentioned wearing earplugs.

I am sure that they are wearing earplugs - at least if they are smart.
Few motorcyclists (except for the hardasses mentioned above) think turning
deaf in your 40s is funny.

> I'll be sure to ask next time I talk to them.

Please report back, chances are they are wearing earplugs. I don't tell
every friend I wear earplugs either, but I still do. And not only because
I am scared of going deaf, but also because I don't want to chance not
hearing a siren or even horn in time.

Chris