Old May 19th 05, 04:46 PM
motsco_ _

Dan Beaton wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Some kind of critter got into the heater ducts on my 93 Del Sol
> (same as 93 Civic) and was making a nest. I vacuumed out what
> seemed like all of the stuff through the grills, but there is a
> nasty smell when the heater core is hot, so there must be some
> material in there.
>
> What is involved with cleaning out the fan and heater core?
> Is this a DIY job?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan
>
> (This account is not used for email.)

On early CR-V and Odyssey, you can unplug the fan motor, remove three
screws, and the fan falls out in your hand. You can then look up inside,
reach inside, and use a combination of brushes and compressed air /
vacuum to clean out lots of stuff. __Not sure how similar DelSol will be.__

A high volume air compressor might be invaluable . . . Just don't crush
the fins of the core with anything.

'Curly'