Old July 22nd 05, 05:24 PM
Ed White

Hey, I looked at the KTLA site and didn't see any storys about an SUV
running over a guy (and I am too far away to run over you...)

There was one story titled "Teenage Passenger Killed in Corona Crash "
(http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/la-me...la-newslocal-1).
Now if an SUV was involved, what do you suppose the title would have
been?

Also, I did a search on "SUV" on the KTLA web site. I immeadiately got
four stories were a crimial was associated with an SUV even though the
SUV was not directly related to the crime (lines similar to "the man
driving an SUV refused to stop for the police", or "the crimials
ditched their SUV in a parking lot", etc). It seems like a subtle form
of anti-SUV propoganda.

I have no problem with people pointing out that SUVs are fuel
inefficient, or that they waste resources. I do have a problem with the
phony sorts of things people associate with SUVs.

Here is one that is on point to this discussion:

"SANTA ANA - A man was killed Sunday after a tow truck that was
removing his SUV from a residential alley ran him over.

Leoncio Flores, 38, parked his teal Chevrolet Suburban near his
ground-floor apartment on 1106 S. Mantle Ave. to unload groceries
Sunday morning, a neighbor, Josefina Ocampo, said.

When Flores saw his SUV was being towed, he ran out to grab the
attention of tow truck driver Paul Michael Sassenberer, 29. "

I suppose the SUV driver got what he deserved.....

Ed